- Name of the Journal: BIGYAN – an interdisciplinary journal of Science & Technology
- Discipline : Interdisciplinary (Science & Technology)
- Publication Cycle: Annual
- Review pattern: Double Blind Peer Reviewed
- Language: English (UK)
- Format of the Manuscripts: Type Script of MS Word Document and pdf (Both)
- Length of the Paper: Four to Six (Page)
- Template of the Journal (MS Word template) / (pdf template)
About the Journal
BIGYAN – an interdisciplinary journal of Science and Technology reports cutting-edge multidisciplinary research across all areas of applied and basic sciences with a particular focus on the energy materials, the biomedical and life sciences. We invite the contributions reporting on experimental, computational, and theoretical investigations. Articles published in BIGYAN: A science journal should make a significant advance in the correspondent field and related technologies. BIGYAN – an interdisciplinary journal of Science and Technology is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal. No processing or article submission charges are required from the authors.
Researchers may contribute their work in terms of-
- Research article
- Review article
- Special issues (invited article)
Contributions should fall into one of the broad areas below.
- Physical sciences
- Chemical sciences
- Biological sciences
- Mathematical sciences
- Computer science
- Other (multidisciplinary)
- ISSN: XXXX-XXXX-XX (will be available from the first volume of the journal)
- Indexed in: (Article will be indexed in most of the abstracting / indexing services)
- Publication frequency: Single in an academic year.
- The corresponding author would declare that the article is original and is not under active consideration elsewhere.
- Acceptance of articles is subject to recommendation by the review panel and Editors.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to make necessary revision to Publication Policy to maintain the quality of the journal.
Editor-in-Chief: Prof.(Dr.) Tapan Kumar Dutta Principal and Ex-Officio Secretary Sabang Sajanikanta Mahavidyalaya Lutunia, West Bengal 721166, India Email: [email protected]
Associate Chief Editors:
- Professor (Dr.) Krishnakumar S. R. Menon, Surface Physics and Material Science Division,
Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1/AF, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700 064, INDIA
- Professor Ajay Kumar Misra, Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, Vidyasagar University
- Professor Sudipta Dolai, Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, Vidyasagar University
- Professor Jayanta Maity, Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, Diamond Harbour Women’s University
- Surajit Ghosh, Head and Associate Professor, Dept. of Physics, Vidyasagar University
- Professor (Dr.) Tanmay Bhattacharyya, Former Head, Department of Zoology, Vidyasagar University
- Professor (Dr.)
- Professor (Dr.)
- Professor (Dr.)
- Dr. Tapas Mishra, Associate Professor of Chemistry, Sabang Sajanikanta Mahavidyalaya
- Dr. Harekrishna Bar, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Sabang Sajanikanta Mahavidyalaya
- Dr. Suman Mandal, Assistant Professor of Physics, Sabang Sajanikanta Mahavidyalaya
- Dr. Prasun Kumar Pal, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry
- Dr. Sudhansu Samanta, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Botany
- Dr. Jhumu Manna, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physiology
- Dr. Shampa Patra, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Zoology
- Dr. Sangita Samaddar, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Zoology
- Dr. Puja Ghosh, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mathematics
All editorial correspondence should be addressed to:
The Chief Editor, BIGYAN - an interdisciplinary journal of Science & Technology Sabang Sajanikanta Mahavidyalaya, Lutunia, Sabang, Paschim Medinipur – 721166, West Bengal, India e-mail: [email protected]
- Registration for submission of Manuscripts: Click Here
- Abstracts of research papers: Upload here
- Membership: Apply now
- Manuscript submission: Upload here / [email protected]
- Status of research paper: Track here
INSTRUCTION TO THE
papers connecting various fields of science and technology, both basic and
applied, are accepted if found suitable by the peer reviewers and the Editorial
Board. It is presumed that the articles submitted for publication to the
Journal have not been previously published nor under active consideration in
any other journal. This must be certified by the corresponding author of the
full papers should be prepared under the following headings (consult the
article template provided). The manuscript should be uploaded online at the
journal website. The status of the submitted manuscripts can also be
checked online. Email correspondence is strongly discouraged.
Affiliation with mail ids,
Material and Methods,
Results and Discussion
names of three
reviewers from the institute other than place of his work with email ID.
Registration and Membership of all authors is mandatory.
Title should be
short and specific, clearly reflecting the content. Complete institutional
affiliation and email address of the corresponding author are required.
Abstract should be
self-explanatory and should include the objectives, methodology, important
points in the results and a conclusion. It should not, in any case, exceed 300
words. The authors should also suggest up to 3 key words below the abstract.
should be brief including justification/importance for undertaking the investigation
and a short and systematic review of earlier works. Key references related to
the works must be cited in proper way with full details. Avoid all information
that are not related to the study conducted. The work must Include 2-3 recent
references of the related and relevant studies on the same field.
methods should be clear and concise under the broad section of technical
details. This section can be subtitled for clarity, if required. Experimental
and/or theoretical techniques used must be clearly described.
Results should be
written concisely in a logical and systematic order. All data must invariably
be presented in metric and decimal system. Data presented in figures should not
be duplicated in tables and vice versa. All figures and tables should be cited
in text and should have self-explanatory captions/headings. Wherever
applicable, the results should be based on statistical analysis with not less
than minimum data as per International Statistical Rules.
must clearly indicate the significance and implications of the results obtained
and should be well connected with the previous work in this direction. Results
and Discussion section may preferably be combined to avoid repetition.
be presented using following formats, preserving the author-names order.
Scientific Periodicals should not be abbreviated.
Paper in Journal:
Authors’ name: Title, citation.
- Mandal, S.
Banerjee, and K. S. R. Menon: Core-shell model of the vacancy
concentration, Physical Review B 80, 214420 (2009).
Proceedings: Authors’ name: Title, citation. conference details
(name, organiser, place, and year).
- Author, S.
Author and L. Author: Magnetism of antiferromagnetic oxides, AIP
Conference Proceedings. 10XX, 2X (2020). International conference
on magnetism, organised by magnetism institutions, Institution, Kolkata
- Author Name:
Magnetism of antiferromagnetic oxides (edition), The Book Company
(publisher), New Delhi, ISBN, India, p 504 (1951).
- Scholar Name:
Studies on magnetism of antiferromagnetic oxides, Ph.D. Dissertation, Name
of the University, Place (Year).
scientific name of the insect with its full name of authority must be given on
its first mention. The contributors must ensure the authenticity of current
scientific name and authority.
should be very clear for photographic reproduction. Line drawings and
photographs should be separately grouped. Photographs should be of high quality
with sharp details and contrasts. The publication cost of photographs will be
charged separately at the prevailing market rates, if applicable. Small figures
should be grouped to fill a page and full-page figure should be larger than 26
x 36 cm.
manuscript: Two referees will review the article and revised article will have
to be submitted within 15 days. Any further delay will result in change of date
of receipt of the article. Submitted articles without following the format of
the journal will not be considered. The length of the manuscript is maximum 6
pages (A4) in the given format.
For details kindly
visit https://sabangcollege.ac.in/e-journal/ The
tentative period for publication is 30 to 120 days (1-4 months)