About the department.
Department of Bengali is the largest department of Sabang Sajanikanta Mahavidyalaya. This department started its glorious journey with general degree course in 1970 under the University of Calcutta. Being an affiliated college under Vidyasagar University honours course was introduced in 1996 and finally 2017 regular post graduate course in Bengali was introduced. A group of eminent teacher likes Prof. Sudhamoy Bag, Prof. Bishnupada Maity, Dr. Jaharlal Bera and others taught in the department. Their teaching and research activities glorify the department as well as the literary and cultural development of the local area.
Aims and Objectives:
- Grow the literary and cultural atmosphere inside and outside of the college.
- Grow the aesthetic sense among the students.
- Find out the creativity of the students.
- Grow the reading habit of literature among the students.
- Find out the new writer.
- Provide a literary platform for the new writer.
Goal of the department:
- To introduce research facilities in the department.
- Establish a help desk for the preparation of NET/SET, SSC.
- To introduce the course on language and folklore.
- Increase the seat capacity both UG & PG.
- Translate the literary work from other language.
- Workshop on folk culture.
- Programme on cultural study.
Scope of further studies:
- After the completion of the running course graduate students of this department may be admitted in PG courses in distance mood.
- After the completion of the running course honours graduate students of this department may be admitted in PG courses in Bengali, Linguistics, Folklore and Comparative Literature both regular and distance mood.
- After the completion of the running course post graduate students of this department may be admitted in M.Phil & Ph.D. programme in Bengali, Linguistics, Folklore and Comparative Literature .
- After the completion of the running course any students of this department may be admitted in B.Ed. courses.
- After the completion of the running course any students of this department may be admitted those courses where minimum eligible criteria are graduate.
- A large number of students scored first class both UG & PG level.
- A large number of students already engaged in job at school, college and office.
- A large number of students get admission to the PG courses.
- Some students of the department get admission to the M.Phil & Ph.D.
- Organize some extension programme for the sociocultural development of the society.
- Organize some special lecture about the broad area of the subject.
- Organize national and international seminar for the uplift and advancement of knowledge.
Importance of subject:
- A person can enrich his/her reading and writing ability.
- Enrich the speaking ability.
- Cooperation, humanity, sympathy and other valuable virtues can grow in mind by reading the literature.
- Man can build his/her language capacity by reading the literature.
- Beauty, aesthetics, ethics and other valuable senses can grow in mind by reading the literature.
- By reading the literature, a man can feel the both happiness and sorrow of people.
- By reading the Bengali literature, man can understand the sociocultural situation of the Bengal.
- The skill of creative writing is increase by the study of Bengali language and literature.
- We take care and try to solve any kinds of problem of the students.
- We encourage the students for creative writing.
- We encourage the students for critical writing and research.
- Students can get class note from the faculty member.
- We provide special and tutorial classes for the students.
- Teachers lend personal books to the students.
- Students and teacher both try to support the poor students.