FOR LIVE UPDATE – CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK
KEEP AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE TO STOP SPREADING CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
At first get vaccinated from authorized Hospital/Medical Centre. To safe from COVID-19 infection please maintain the following as much as possible: (Courtesy: UNICEF -India)
- Self-isolate. Do not wait to get tested or receive results.
- Check your oxygen levels every 6 hours or more frequently if your breaths are too fast. Check it once and then again after a six-minute walk.
- Seek emergency care if oxygen level on the oximeter shows less than 94%.
- Monitor your temperature every 6 hours. Do it more frequently if you have a fever.
- Seek emergency care if fever of more than 101F (38C) persists for 3 days.
- Seek emergency medical care in any of these cases:
- Shortness of breath worsens
- Lips or face turn blueish
- Feeling of disorientation increases
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Slurred speech / seizures
- Unable to wake up or stay awake
- Only have medicines a doctor prescribes.
- Do not self-medicate. Home concoctions like garlic, camphor and carom seed (ajwain) bundles cannot improve oxygen levels.
- Take paracetamol (500mg) every 4 to 6 hours if you have a high temperature, aches or pains.
- Do not have more than 4 doses maximum within a 24-hour period.
- Stay hydrated (drink water) and eat nutritious meals even if you are unable to taste. There is no food known to treat or cure COVID-19 but eating healthy will help your body recover.
- Do tepid sponging using tap water. Do not use cold water.
- Isolate yourself in a separate room with bathroom if possible for 10 days and rest.
- Rest, relax, rest, relax.
- Keep your mind busy by reading books, watching TV shows and having video calls with your family and friends.
- If you feel up to it, do some light exercise.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth whenever you open the door. Those entering your room should also wear a mask.
- Open the windows for ventilation if possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap. Clean your room yourself with disinfectant or soap.
Please maintain the above instruction and stay secured.