- Awareness Programme regarding Air Pollution and Outbreak of Dengue
General awareness programme among the students initiated by the Department of Environment, Govt. of West Bengal under active initiation of Heath Unit of Mahavidyalaya regarding common issues of Air Pollution, its impact in everyday life and awareness to prevent the outbreak of Dengue in the recent time.
3. OUTBREAK OF SARS COVID-19 PANDAMEIC
FOR LIVE UPDATE – CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK
KEEP AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE TO STOP SPREADING CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
At first get vaccinated from authorized Hospital/Medical Centre. To safe from COVID-19 infection please maintain the following as much as possible: (Courtesy: UNICEF -India)
- Self-isolate. Do not wait to get tested or receive results.
- Check your oxygen levels every 6 hours or more frequently if your breaths are too fast. Check it once and then again after a six-minute walk.
- Seek emergency care if oxygen level on the oximeter shows less than 94%.
- Monitor your temperature every 6 hours. Do it more frequently if you have a fever.
- Seek emergency care if fever of more than 101F (38C) persists for 3 days.
- Seek emergency medical care in any of these cases:
- Shortness of breath worsens
- Lips or face turn blueish
- Feeling of disorientation increases
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Slurred speech / seizures
- Unable to wake up or stay awake
- Only have medicines a doctor prescribes.
- Do not self-medicate. Home concoctions like garlic, camphor and carom seed (ajwain) bundles cannot improve oxygen levels.
- Take paracetamol (500mg) every 4 to 6 hours if you have a high temperature, aches or pains.
- Do not have more than 4 doses maximum within a 24-hour period.
- Stay hydrated (drink water) and eat nutritious meals even if you are unable to taste. There is no food known to treat or cure COVID-19 but eating healthy will help your body recover.
- Do tepid sponging using tap water. Do not use cold water.
- Isolate yourself in a separate room with bathroom if possible for 10 days and rest.
- Rest, relax, rest, relax.
- Keep your mind busy by reading books, watching TV shows and having video calls with your family and friends.
- If you feel up to it, do some light exercise.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth whenever you open the door. Those entering your room should also wear a mask.
- Open the windows for ventilation if possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap. Clean your room yourself with disinfectant or soap.
Please maintain the above instruction and stay secured.